Sunday, July 11, 2010

What I did on my summer break, Part 2



Two plus years ago, I started a quilt for my sister to have guests sign at their wedding. I got all the blocks pieced together in time for the rehearsal dinner, which is where we had everyone sign. It has taken me TWO years to sew on the border strips in between and around the blocks, a relatively easy peasy task, but something I haven't gotten to for ages.

Finally, this summer I sat down at the sewing machine, loaded up a bobbin with white thread, and got those borders on! This is the finished top that I was hoping to get done for their second anniversary, but that has come and gone, so now I am aiming for Christmas. I am trimming the threads and sending it off for quilting with the Russian quilt! The back will be the light green fabric you see in the four center squares and four corner squares, and the binding will be the same as the border fabric. My awesome mother-in-law has agreed to piece together the back for me and put the binding on, so my work on this one is almost done!

1 comment:

  1. wow -- totally wasn't expecting another quilt top done! Looks awesome! Can't wait to see both of them all quilted!

    ReplyDelete