Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December Daily album cover



As I mentioned in a previous post, I am using this album from Stampin Up! in Real Red. I found the candy cane ribbon at my favorite scrapbook store in Wisconsin, Making Memories and More. Unfortunately, I don't know who makes it, but I immediately thought of my December Daily when I saw it in the store this past October and snatched it up. It is adhered all the way around the cover using the Xyron sticker maker.

Here is what the album looks like when you open it up:



The tags were made by putting this snowflake sticker from Paper Source (all of their stickers make me drool) on to a round metal tag and then adhered to the cover with glue dots. Unfortunately, the glue dots don't stick super well to the fabric cover, so I have had to re-adhere and apply lots of pressure to make them stay. But I love how the tags look on the album - it makes it look so polished and less bland.

And since you could see it in the picture of the open album, here is a close-up of the intro page:


The star letters are from Jenni Bowlin, purchased at the same time as the candy cane ribbon, and the rest of the product comes from my stash. I covered a piece of semi-chipboard cut to size with a piece of ivory paper that I inked with Antique Linen distress ink (the "chipboard" came in a package of pillow protectors). You probably can't see it very well in the picture, but I stamped stars into the background using the same Antique Linen distress ink. It looks really subtle in person. The December strip came from a sheet of 12x12 paper that had all the months on it -- I originally got it to put in my honeymoon album. And the 2010 comes from a set of alphas that I have had for a while. I don't remember who makes them.

I am loving the process of making my album -- it is so putting me in the Christmas spirit. And I am proud to say that I finished the foundation about 2 weeks before December 1!! I think that's the first time I have ever finished something ahead of schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment