Saturday, June 8, 2013

Having fun with Camp Scrap!


I am participating in May Flaum's Camp Scrap at Big Picture Classes and am so happy I signed up for this class.  I am loving the encouragement May has provided so far to just get started!  I needed that extra kick because I have been procrastinating crafting for quite some time.

At the beginning, May suggested saying what you're afraid of in your crafting to help you figure out what's holding you back.  I realized that I am afraid of being disappointed with my finished project, that it somehow won't look as good as what I have envisioned in my head, and so I stall out with a lot of unfinished projects.

Case in point: two 4th of July layouts that I started last summer.  I had made the base layout for one (cut out the papers and left a space for the photos, see above). I liked it so much, I wanted to use the same papers and layout for another set of photos.  But I didn't have exactly the same papers, and so I ended up not finishing either layout, out of fear that I would use the wrong photos with the one layout I had.

Camp started, and I wanted to get some unfinished layouts done.  So I pulled this one out and finally stuck the photos down.  I also made a 6x12 extra to hold one more photo that didn't fit in the space I had left.


With May's encouragement in Camp Scrap, I also pulled out the papers I did have, a new piece of paper I bought recently and made the second layout.  And I love it just as much as the first one (if not more).  Yay!  So happy to have these layouts done!


Here's the link to the class if you're interested in joining in the fun! http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/classes/campscrap2013/ 





1 comment:

  1. I like your pages, and good work on finishing them! :) From Hege, Norway :)

    ReplyDelete