Friday, April 30, 2010

Five on Friday

1. I saw this fun use for ribbons on the Peachy Cheap website this morning:

I love the way they incorporated ribbons into the layout. There's a lot I like about this layout in terms of design - did anyone notice the scalloped edge? - but I don't like that patterned paper!

2. I am hoping to make substantial progress on my Week in the Life album this weekend - I sat down and thought about it a lot last night and I think I know how I will proceed. I will post pictures of my progress on Monday.

3. I am so happy to be done with Chapter 3!! I sent it off to the advisors on Tuesday, but I am still basking in the glow.

4. I am currently reading Transitivity by Hopper and Thompson (1980). I wish I was reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

5. I only have to wish for 5 more days - on Wednesday we are going here with Patrick's company and I will read for fun the whole time! I'm not taking my computer with me or any thoughts about my dissertation. I am so looking forward to it!

And a bonus because it's Friday: Stacy Julian was a guest blogger on Creating Keepsakes' blog and I thought her post nicely summed up her scrapbooking philosophy as I've been learning about it on the Paperclipping Roundtable: Generally speaking we have far more photos than we can ever hope to scrapbook. The good news is there are so many amazing ways to share and use photos—and they all count. Focused attention however is at a premium these days, so when you do decide to dedicate an hour or two to scrapbooking, please don’t feel behind or overwhelmed. Instead, find a photo of someone you love and write about them. Don’t worry about scrapbooking all the events and special moments. If all you can do is create one page a month (or a year) about the people you love most—you will accomplish a grand and important thing.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, being overwhelmed is SO often *the* issue. I'll go into my sewing room and do...nothing. Because I don't even know where to start. Just starting and doing is so important!

    I know things have been wild, but hope you have been able to get around to doing your Week in the Life series.

    ReplyDelete